Global Aircraft Forum Help -  Privacy Policy -  Interactive Content Guidelines -  Legal Notices
Global Aircraft Welcome, Guest!   [Log In]  |   [Sign Up]  |   [Return Home]  

GAC Forum

RSS Feed Message Directories
Create New Topic
   RSS Feed Community
      RSS Feed General Chat
   RSS Feed Subject - Stealth vs. Supermaneuverability  [Topic ID# 130]Messages 1 - 9 of 9  

barrel gang
Subject: Stealth vs. Supermaneuverability
Post ID# 935
Message Number 1
Date Posted: 26 October 2005, 1:44:53 PM

The us has gone towards the stealthy planes and europe and russia has gone to Supermaneuverability. I prefer Supermaneuverability. I am just wondering what some peoples opinions are on this. Thanks!

raptorf22
Post ID# 936
Message Number 2
Date Posted: 26 October 2005, 2:20:11 PM

i would go with Stealth because Supermaneuverability will not help u has much if u can't see your target. the stealth is the way i would go though

mil35hokum
Post ID# 941
Message Number 3
Date Posted: 30 October 2005, 10:14:40 PM

well, so the topic is again su-37 vs f-22 (my point of view, sorry if you are offended).
my answer would be super maneuverability. tell me, if reports are to be believed, what will stealth of a use against say laser designation?, if someone could answer that i would be damn thankfull to him Copyright © The Global Aircraft Organization

trigun5
Post ID# 943
Message Number 4
Date Posted: 31 October 2005, 4:26:16 AM

What you fail to realize is that none of the aircraft in service today are completely stealth anyway. The US's stealth technology is only at the point that it reduces the radar cross section of the aircraft. Such as the F-117 which looks like a small bird on radar. Now I still say that the competition is up in the air. The 37 has 360 degree radar view around the aircraft but I am not sure how far out it can read. The 22 can fire with the aim-9x from a long ways away and the missile has great maneuverability itself. But russia has also been working on a missile that is the same if not better. My personal opinion is the 37.

Tony Rogue aka Trigun5

Tony Rogue aka Trigun5

jembo_h
Post ID# 948
Message Number 5
Date Posted: 08 November 2005, 4:12:20 AM

Ok so maybe the F-117/F-22 etc are low observable rather than totally stealth, but having a radar signature of say the size of a seagull is pretty much just as good isn't it? I think that supermaneuverability is probably very good for defeating other aircraft, but what about defense against fast and maneuvrable SAM's? Can the 37 really wiggle its way out of that? Apparently the F-22 can easily sneak past most of the Chinese type S-300/400 missile systems And if super-manueverablilty becomes the way to go, can we actually get pilots to fly them if these planes are pulling like 12g's? Or maybe we're talking about UAV's? But I suppose it is a good point that as soon as you build a stealthier plane, someone else will try to build a better/smarter radar system. I would be interested to hear what people's opinions are on all this. Copyright © The Global Aircraft Organization

Taylor Finley [ eagle_heart ]

First post: 2007-05-08
Group: Newcomer

GAViCs: 0.10
GAC Cards: 0 cards
Post ID# 1202
Message Number 6
Date Posted: 08 May 2007, 7:37:03 AM

Hey the F105's learned how to deal with SAMs during Viet Nam so I would have to say manueverbility would be my pick. Equip a jet with a great radar and a buch of Sidewinders and we have got a show.

[ firstsgt_cap ]

First post: 2007-05-21
Group: Volunteer

GAViCs: 29.75
GAC Cards: 6 cards
  Total Value: 110.00 GAViCs
  Max Value: 20.00 GAViCs
  Avg Value: 18.33 GAViCs
Post ID# 1258
Message Number 7
Date Posted: 28 May 2007, 4:19:39 PM

Little something for y'all. If you can't see it how can you even get in a dogfight with it to use supermaneuverability?

With the latest red flag data, even using an AWACS can't help you.

Another thing is, with the invention of long/medium range radar guide missiles, dogfights are a thing of the past and supermaneuverability is unneeded because you can only dog so many missiles, where as stealth aircraft don't have to worry about missiles because no one can see them to shoot at them.

[ firstsgt_cap ]

First post: 2007-05-21

GAViCs: 29.75
GAC Cards: 6 cards
  Total Value: 110.00 GAViCs
  Max Value: 20.00 GAViCs
  Avg Value: 18.33 GAViCs
Post ID# 1276
Message Number 8
Date Posted: 29 May 2007, 9:26:19 PM

Dodge missiles is what I meant to say.

harry [ v_bomber ]

First post: 2008-08-01

GAViCs: 0.60
GAC Cards: 2 cards
  Total Value: 26.00 GAViCs
  Max Value: 18.00 GAViCs
  Avg Value: 13.00 GAViCs
Post ID# 1733
Message Number 9
Last Updated: 22 August 2008, 3:46:13 AM
Date Posted: 22 August 2008, 3:39:25 AM

the f22 and eurofighter are perfect examples of this argument the f22 is stealth and the eurofighter supermanouverabilty. However a problem with stealth aircraft are that if there weapons doors are open or its raining they offer no stealth protection at all and the us or any other country cant stop that thats why europe has gone for supermanouverlabilty. So the f22 would have a problem fighting because as soon as it opens its weapons stores to fire it would appear on radar and its is low observable not complete stealth so there are problems but we are just beginning to make stealth aircraft so they will not be made without there faults future develepmont will probably make supermanouvaribility a thing of the past but it wil remain for years to come.
'The distant flash of lightning howling through the thunder' ex RAF ligthning pilot recalling lightning of 1973 through thunder

of 1 pages )  

Search the forum:

You must be logged in to post on this forum! Please Log in now

Global Aircraft Forum and faces are
Copyright © 2024 The Global Aircraft Organization

GAC Forum v.1,7,2